What is “Bush mechanics” and what is the aim of the course?
Simply put, the aim of the bush mechanics course is to assist you in being able to “help yourself” as far as possible in getting yourself going after a breakdown,
"it is not intended to qualify you as a motor mechanic"
As vehicles become more sophisticated, we the owners are able to do less ourselves, however when you look at a 4wd, they still have tyres, belts, suspension, wheel bearings an engine and some form of a gearbox automatic or manual, electrical wiring be it simple or complicated.
Our Bush Mechanics course will teach you the basics, how to identify parts and how to repair or even “"make a plan"” enabling the vehicle to get going again. The course will also include trailers. The couse is aimed at all drivers and co-drivers irrespective of weather they drive a small town car or a large 4x4.
Housewives ..... do you know how to change your wheel? do you know what to do if your radiator springs a leak ?
Man of the House ......so you know how to repair your kettle, do you know how how to repair your broken suspension?
- 1 Day (normally weekends but can be during the week by prior arrangement)
- R550.00 pp. Couples less 10%
- Individual training or couples - R850.00 pp
- Prices subject to change.
- Access and use of approved training facility.
- Facilitation by a trained instructor.
- Morning: light refreshments and a finger lunch
- This does not include the use of a off- road vehicle and fuel.
- Vehicle's are available at additional cost and prior arrangement. (if necessary)